Cundy Street Quarter
This engagement prompted several changes to the proposals including:
- Revised Ebury Square Garden design to integrate play space more sensitively.
- Amended phasing so that Walden House residents so that they can move directly into the new social rent homes that would be provide.
- Design of the social rent homes in line with the needs of existing Walden House residents, in support of Westminster City Council’s offer of a Right to Return for these residents.
- Changed the mix of new amenities to include a small food store, cinema and community space.
- Removed of a storey from the tallest building overlooking Ebury Square.
- Reduced height and removed retail at ground floor of Ebury Street.
- Improved the design and security of Elizabeth Place Gardens, in collaboration with Coleshill residents, making it a car-free area.
- Changed the proposed material for the building on Ebury Square / Pimlico Road, changing it for a lighter brick tone.
- Moved the car drop off for the senior homes from Ebury Street to Cundy Street.
- Introduced additional trees and greenery along Ebury Street.
- Introduced loading pads on Orange Square and Ebury Street for existing retailers and the Farmers Market.
- Evolved the gate design for the Orange Square entrance.
Click here to go to the next section of the exhibition →
Terms and Conditions →