We have been committed to a thorough and inclusive engagement process, ensuring the community has an opportunity to understand and help shape the proposals.
The conversation over the past 18 months has included:
This engagement prompted several changes to the proposals including:
- Revised Ebury Square Garden design to integrate play space more sensitively.
- Amended phasing so that Walden House residents so that they can move directly into the new social rent homes that would be provide.
- Design of the social rent homes in line with the needs of existing Walden House residents, in support of Westminster City Council’s offer of a Right to Return for these residents.
- Changed the mix of new amenities to include a small food store, cinema and community space.
- Removed of a storey from the tallest building overlooking Ebury Square.
- Reduced the number of shops on Ebury Street.
- Improved the design and security of Elizabeth Place Gardens, in collaboration with Coleshill residents, making it a car-free area.
- Changed the proposed material for the building on Ebury Square / Pimlico Road, changing it for a lighter brick tone.
- Moved the car drop off for the senior homes from Ebury Street to Cundy Street.
- Introduced additional trees and greenery along Ebury Street.
- Introduced loading pads on Orange Square and Ebury Street for existing retailers and the Farmers Market.
- Evolved the gate design for the Orange Square entrance.
Design team at DSDHA carry out 100 questions research
First public consultation: Introduction to Grosvenor and our early thinking
Second public consultation: Sharing the emerging designs
Right to Return offered to Walden House residents by Westminster City Council
Third public consultation: Sharing the detailed proposals
Option to move once into the new homes confirmed for Walden House residents
Sharing the final proposals. Start of youth survey with the Young Westminster Foundation
Application submitted to WCC and statutory consultation is live
Addendum submitted to WCC and statutory consultation live
Click here to go to the next section of the exhibition →
Planning application documents →
Terms and Conditions →