We will minimise disruption caused by the construction and help every resident and occupier plan for this.
The anticipated demolition and construction programme for the proposed development is about seven years.
We expect construction to begin towards the end of 2021.
The first homes, including social rent homes for Walden House residents, are complete.
Demolition and construction works for phase 2 begins.
The Cundy Street Quarter is complete and open to everyone.
We recognise that the construction work will cause disruption in the area which we will take steps to minimise. We will produce a Construction Management Plan that sets out our approach to achieving this, which will be made available on this website once it is submitted to Westminster City Council. It will include, but is not limited to, the following commitments:
- Adopt a ‘Considerate Constructor’ approach and practices
- Adhere to Westminster’s Code of Construction Practice
- Give regular updates on planned construction activities
- Establish a Residents’ Liaison Group prior to construction
- Keep the development area and surrounding roads clean and tidy
- Ensure site access gates and construction vehicle access routes are easily identifiable with clear signage
- Utilise equipment that monitors noise, vibration and dust to set maximum limits and share results with resident groups
- Use modern construction techniques and methods (including pre-assembled building solutions) to ensure an efficient programme
Management, anti-social behaviour and servicing
← Click here to go to the previous section of the exhibition
Working with the community
Click here to go to the next section of the exhibition →
Planning application documents →
Terms and Conditions →